I hate to admit it, but I’m one of those people who throws too much of themselves into a project… sometimes to the point of burning themselves out. Right before Christmas I felt myself getting overwhelmed, so I decided to take a little vacation from the blog to focus on all the other things going on in my life.
What did my readers miss?
- A nasty virus swept through my house starting in early December and it wasn’t completely eradicated until well after the New Year.
- Two new Christmas traditions settled in with my family: Elf on the Shelf and Santa footprints by the tree.
- My Genealogy Christmas Wishlist wasn’t a complete waste, because I was given the gift of Windows 7. My computer is finally functioning at 100% again.
- My littlest princess, Cali, turned 5 years old on January 17th!
- My Lady Bug passed the first round of testing for AG classes and will do another round of testing in February. I couldn’t be prouder!
- The Sanford Family Misfit appeared on the GeneaBloggers’ series “May I Introduce To You…“
- GenealogyWorks nominated The Sanford Family Misfit for The Wonderful Team Member Readership Award
- The Sanford Family Misfit appeared on “In the Spotlight” at BlogDogIt
- I finally finished Creating a Workspace and Cleaning Up the Mess
- The Sanford Family Misfit’s Facebook page reached 140 likes
- The Sanford Family Misfit’s posts about the Coffey sisters appeared on Blind Pig & the Acorn
All the attention The Sanford Family Misfit received in December helped end 2012 with a huge bang. Now that I’m out of hibernation, I’m hoping 2013 will be bigger than I ever dreamed.